COURSE FEE: $890
Class limited to 12 doctors + assistants OK at $250 each
DATES: September 18, 2021
TIME: : 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
INSTRUCTOR: M. Johnson Hagood DDS, FAGD, AAACD
Course created: 3/11/21
Digital Photography for the Comprehensive Dentist is a comprehensive hands-on program designed to introduce participants to the array of visual communication techniques required in today’s dentistry. From case acceptance and marketing to lab communication, this course will dramatically change your practice. This program will also give participants sufficient knowledge on how to master the photographic skills necessary for treating large cases in dentistry. Take full advantage of this course by bringing your current camera system along with your laptop computer with PowerPoint.
Teaching method: Lecture, Hands-on
Attendees will learn:
- Understand the benefits of SLR camera systems and necessary equipment for high quality digital images.
- How to properly use retractors and mirrors.
- How to standardize your clinical photos (magnification, exposure, positioning are the same in pre-op and post-op photos).
- Understand basic concepts of magnification, exposure, positioning, F-Stop/depth of field.
- How to decide which photographs to take for various treatment situations.
- How to use photography to communicate shade and smile design to your laboratory technician
- How to best set up a photography station in your practice to create studio level portrait photographs.
- Introduction to histograms and how to use your computer software and Adobe Photoshop to enhance your photos globally(exposure, rotation and cropping).
- How to create a high quality Power point presentation to WOW! your cosmetic patient in less than five minutes
- How the power of high quality photos and mastering the concept of co-diagnosis will improve acceptance of comprehensive large case dentistry and dramatically change your practice.
ABOUT: Dr. M. Johnson Hagood
Dr. M. Johnson Hagood graduated from UNC Chapel Hill School of Dentistry in 1991. He is a Fellow at the Academy of General Dentistry and an accredited Member at the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Hagood presided as past President of the Florida Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and was formerly a visiting faculty member at the L.D. Pankey Institute in Key Biscayne, Florida. He was a co-founding member of the Bob Barkley Study Club of Washington D.C.
Dr. Hagood and his wife, Dana, reside in Vero Beach, Florida where he has a fee-for-service private restorative practice. His daughter, Alex, graduated from UNC Chapel Hill and currently resides in Laguna Beach, California. His son, Bayne, is a student at Florida State University.
His hobbies include surfing, oil painting, boxing, and growing orchids.
To see Dr. Hagood’s full CV click HERE.